Adding an Employee
Available to: Admins, User Managers
Optional Permissions Required: None
System Settings Required: None
This page explains how to enter an employee in your location and add the services they perform, their schedule, and their compensation/benefits structure. All employees, freelancers, and independent contractors on your payroll should be entered in your location.
Step 1: Employee Information
- Go to System Settings then Employees.
- Click New Employee.
- First Name – Enter the employee’s first name.
- Last Name (Optional) – Enter the employee’s last name.
- Gender – Select the employee’s gender.
- Email – Enter the employee’s email address. If you want this employee to receive email notifications from the system, this is the email address that GolfNow One will use.
- Create Login for this Employee (Optional) – Recommended: Check the box to create a login that connects the employee to a GolfNow One user account. If you check this box, you’ll add login information in Step 5. Logins can also be created separately and connected later.
- Type – Select Scheduled if the employee has set working hours and performs services, or select Freelancer. The Freelancer type is unrelated to compensation. If employees are on contract, 1099, or rent space, but want to be booked online, they should be listed as Scheduled, not Freelancer.
- Status – This field is useful when an employee leaves your business. For now, just leave this as Active.
- Specify Employment End Date
- Maximum number of appointments staff member can have each day (Optional) – Enter the maximum number of appointments this employee can be scheduled for in a day. If a maximum is entered, the system will not allow an appointment to be scheduled with an employee if the maximum is reached. This setting overrides the universal Max # of appointments staff member can have each day setting in General Settings.
- Photo (Optional) – Upload a profile photo that will appear to customers in online booking.
- Recommended image size: 640px x 640px
- Profile Description (Optional): Enter a brief bio or description that will appear to customers in online booking.
- Employee Notes (Optional): Use this field to store additional information or notes about the employee for Admin use only.
- Service Type (Optional) – Select if the employee is Staff, House, or Front Desk.
- Contact Information (Optional) – Enter the employee’s contact information. – To send the employee SMS internal notifications, enter a Mobile Phone Number, check SMS, and choose a Provider.Click Continue.
Step 2: Compensation & Benefits
The Compensation & Benefits page that appears next is where you set up how the employee is paid. The information entered in this tab determines how data is calculated in the Payroll Report. GolfNow One has many ways of handling compensation, the most popular methods being Flat Hourly and Commission.
Want to skip this section? If you are not using GolfNow One to track payroll, select None in Pay Type and click Continue.
- Group – Select the Group the employee belongs to, if any.
- Pay Type – Select one and enter amounts.
- Pay Type Classes/Workshops – Complete this section if you offer classes and/or workshops.
- Pay Type Products – Complete this section if you offer commission for retail product sales.
- Vacation Days – Enter how many vacation days the employee can take in a year.
- Sick Days – Enter how many sick days the employee can take in a year.
- Personal Days – Enter how many personal days the employee can take in a year.
- SSN/Employee ID – Enter the social security number or employee ID for payroll purposes. The information entered in this field will populate in payroll reports.
- Exemptions – Select Has Dependents and enter the number of dependents or select Exempt.
- Click Continue.
Step 3: Select Services
- Select all of the services the employee can be scheduled to perform. New services can be entered in System Settings > Services.
- Click Continue.
Note: You can skip this step by not checking any services and clicking Continue. When adding services to GolfNow One, you will have the opportunity to select which employees can perform each service if necessary.
Step 4: Default Schedule
Note: For Scheduled employees only
This section is where you add the employee’s regular weekly schedule. The page contains a line for each day of the week where you can enter his/her hours for that day. You may have biweekly schedules, or your employees’ schedules vary month to month. You’ll be able to make these adjustments later. For now, just enter your standard schedule by using the drop-down menus.
- Day Type – Use the Day Type drop-down menu to select Workday or Day Off. Vacation Day, Personal Day, and Sick Day are also available, but are more likely used for week-to-week schedule changes.
- Work Hours – Use the Start Time and End Time drop-down menus to select working hours. For example, if the employee’s works from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. that day, select 9:00 AM from Start Time and 5:00 PM from End Time.
- Lunch – You don’t have to enter the employee’s lunch hours here. You can always block out time day-by-day if it suits your business. If this employee does have regularly scheduled lunch hours, use the Start Time and End Time drop-down menus to enter the time. This time will be blocked out on the calendar and labeled Lunch.
- Click Continue when the employee’s schedule is completed if Create Login for Employee was selected in Step 1. Otherwise, click Finish.
Step 5: Create Login
Create a login for the employee. Appears if Create Login for Employee was selected in Step 1.
- First Name – Enter the user’s first name.
- Last Name – Enter the user’s last name.
- Email – Enter the user’s email address.
- Roles – Select user role(s) that best fit the employee’s responsibilities and how he/she will use GolfNow One.
- Optional Permissions – After selecting user role(s), set optional permissions that appear below. Some roles do not have optional permissions.
- Default Page – Select the starting page the user will be directed to once logged in.
- Username – Create a username.
- Password – Create a password.
- Retype Password – Retype the password for security.
- Allow Universal Login – Select Yes to allow the user to log in from any location. Select No to restrict access the user can only log in from the IP address(es) specified in System Settings > Security.
- Require password change at next login – Check this if the user is not present to set their own password and you would like it to be changed the next time he/she accesses the system.
- Click Finish.
- Adding an Employee
- Can employees clock in and out from any location?
- Can I allow employees to edit their schedules?
- Employee groups
- Freelance employees
- Hourly employees are being paid for all scheduled hours. What do I do?
- How do I change an employee’s schedule?
- How do I clock in and out?
- How do I enter our regular employee schedule?
- How do I schedule regular lunch hours?
- How do I see employees’ time clock entries?
- How do I sort the schedule by employee type?
- Removing former employees
- Selecting the best compensation and benefits options
- Billing tab
- Charging credit account balances
- Creating custom views of Customers
- Credit accounts
- Customer referrals
- Details tab
- How do I add a new customer?
- How do I delete a customer?
- How do I export or print a list of Customers?
- How do I find a customer?
- Membership tab
- Merge Duplicates
- Notes tab (adding customer notes)
- Orders tab
- Summary tab
- The “new” label
- Why can’t I see customers’ full credit card numbers?
- Are members charged automatically?
- Can I swipe membership cards with a credit card swiper?
- Cancelling a customer’s membership
- Charging membership fees
- Creating a Membership with a Payment Plan
- Freezing a membership
- How do membership benefits work?
- Scheduling payment plan changes
- Selling a membership plan
- What does “prorated” mean?
Gift certificates and cards
- Gift Certificates page
- How do I change a gift certificate’s expiration date?
- How do I change the balance of a gift certificate or card?
- How do I delete a gift certificate template?
- How do I email a gift certificate?
- How do I find a purchased gift certificate or card?
- How do I reprint a gift certificate?
- How do I void a gift certificate or card?
- Redeeming a gift certificate
- Selling a gift card
- Where do I buy plastic gift cards?
Merchant processing and POS
- Creating a Price Override Reasons menu
- Creating a Quick Add list
- Entering sales and service taxes
- How do I accept debit cards?
- Is direct debit a payment option?
- When will credit card transactions appear in my bank account?
- Can I edit, cancel, or void a refund?
- Can I remove commission if an order was refunded?
- Cash register end-of-day, pay-ins, and payouts
- Creating customized views of orders
- How do I add a tip after an order is closed?
- How do I find an order?
- How do I give cash back?
- How do I override a price?
- I selected the wrong employee in an order
- Manage Orders page and your orders list
- New Order page
- Refunding and voiding orders
- Refunding deposits
- Reprinting a receipt
- Taking payment and completing an order
- When will a refund appear in a customer’s bank account?
- Copying a special
- Creating a discount special
- Getting started with specials
- How do birthday specials work?
- How do I offer employee discounts and record them in GolfNow One?
- How do I restrict when specials can be redeemed?
- How do I stop a special from automatically applying to every order?
- How do I track special code redemptions?
- I can’t apply a special to an order
- What is a booking range?
Tee times & reservations