Adding Items by Department
You can search and add transaction items by department in GEN POS. Depending on how your store inventory is set up, and your system preferences in Global Settings, your items can also be grouped in sub-departments, with the option to sort by manufacturer and/or item type. If you have questions regarding Global Settings, please consult your system administrator.
1. In the Functions frame, click the Items by Dept. tab.
2. In the Quantity box, enter the desired quantity of the item you’d like to add.
NOTE: The quantity is always at a default of one (minimum).
3. Click the desired department button to view additional options.
As a general rule, clicking buttons that are silver (highest level) in color leads you to lower-level items (for example: sub-departments). Clicking buttons that are gold (lowest level) in color, will add items to your transaction grid.
4. If the department contains sub-departments, do one of the following to narrow results:
- In the sub-department section, click the desired sub-department button.
- In the item types section, click the desired item type.
- In the manufacturers section, click the desired manufacturer.
5. Click the desired transaction item.
6. If the item has modifiers attached, the Modifiers for (item) frame appears. Complete one of the following:
- If modifiers are required, select one of more modifiers (as set in Inventory Management)
- If modifiers are optional, select one or more modifiers, or click None.
7. Click OK.
The selected item appears in the transaction grid.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking