Gift Certificates page
Available to: Admins, Reservationists
Optional Permissions Required: None
System Settings Required: None
The Gift Certificates/Cards page in the Orders tab is where you can find and manage gift certificates and gift cards already purchased by customers. From this page, you can easily see the sender, recipient, balance, expiration date, and redemption status of each gift certificate and gift card.
If “Locations Can Edit Gift Certificate Balances” is enabled within the Brand Settings, locations can perform the following actions for any purchased gift certificate or gift card.
|Search||Search Criteria||Use the Search Criteria fields at the top of the page to look up a purchased gift certificate or gift card.|
|Change Expiration Date||Date Expires column||Change the expiration date of the gift certificate or gift card.|
|Change Balance||Balance column||Balance Balance columnChange the remaining balance of the gift certificate or gift card.|
|History||Actions column||Open a complete history of the gift certificate or gift card in your system, including when it was purchased and when it was fully or partially redeemed.|
|Print PDF||Actions column||Generate a printable PDF of any gift certificate with an available balance.|
|Actions column||Email a PDF of the gift certificate to any email address.|
|Void||Actions column||Void the gift certificate or gift card. Voiding erases the balance as a form of payment.|
- Adding an Employee
- Can employees clock in and out from any location?
- Can I allow employees to edit their schedules?
- Employee groups
- Freelance employees
- Hourly employees are being paid for all scheduled hours. What do I do?
- How do I change an employee’s schedule?
- How do I clock in and out?
- How do I enter our regular employee schedule?
- How do I schedule regular lunch hours?
- How do I see employees’ time clock entries?
- How do I sort the schedule by employee type?
- Removing former employees
- Selecting the best compensation and benefits options
- Billing tab
- Charging credit account balances
- Creating custom views of Customers
- Credit accounts
- Customer referrals
- Details tab
- How do I add a new customer?
- How do I delete a customer?
- How do I export or print a list of Customers?
- How do I find a customer?
- Membership tab
- Merge Duplicates
- Notes tab (adding customer notes)
- Orders tab
- Summary tab
- The “new” label
- Why can’t I see customers’ full credit card numbers?
- Are members charged automatically?
- Can I swipe membership cards with a credit card swiper?
- Cancelling a customer’s membership
- Charging membership fees
- Creating a Membership with a Payment Plan
- Freezing a membership
- How do membership benefits work?
- Scheduling payment plan changes
- Selling a membership plan
- What does “prorated” mean?
Gift certificates and cards
- Gift Certificates page
- How do I change a gift certificate’s expiration date?
- How do I change the balance of a gift certificate or card?
- How do I delete a gift certificate template?
- How do I email a gift certificate?
- How do I find a purchased gift certificate or card?
- How do I reprint a gift certificate?
- How do I void a gift certificate or card?
- Redeeming a gift certificate
- Selling a gift card
- Where do I buy plastic gift cards?
Merchant processing and POS
- Creating a Price Override Reasons menu
- Creating a Quick Add list
- Entering sales and service taxes
- How do I accept debit cards?
- Is direct debit a payment option?
- When will credit card transactions appear in my bank account?
- Can I edit, cancel, or void a refund?
- Can I remove commission if an order was refunded?
- Cash register end-of-day, pay-ins, and payouts
- Creating customized views of orders
- How do I add a tip after an order is closed?
- How do I find an order?
- How do I give cash back?
- How do I override a price?
- I selected the wrong employee in an order
- Manage Orders page and your orders list
- New Order page
- Refunding and voiding orders
- Refunding deposits
- Reprinting a receipt
- Taking payment and completing an order
- When will a refund appear in a customer’s bank account?
- Copying a special
- Creating a discount special
- Getting started with specials
- How do birthday specials work?
- How do I offer employee discounts and record them in GolfNow One?
- How do I restrict when specials can be redeemed?
- How do I stop a special from automatically applying to every order?
- How do I track special code redemptions?
- I can’t apply a special to an order
- What is a booking range?
Tee times & reservations