Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
Placing a Transaction on Hold
A customer may request that you place a transaction on hold. This may be due to the need to browse for more items in the store, or, a preference to make payment later at a different station (for example, in conjunction with the sale of food and beverage at a golf course restaurant).
To place a transaction on hold:
1. In the Transaction frame, click Hold.
2. The Hold a Transaction page appears in the frame.
3. In the Name box, enter the customer’s name, or table number. The User field will be pre-filled with the name of the logged-in clerk or manager. If you like, you can enter a different User name under which to hold the order. Held orders are grouped by User name.
4. Do one of the following:
- Click the Hold button to perform the hold.
- Click the Send to Kitchen/Bar button to hold and print the transaction to any applicable kitchen printers.
- Click Print & Hold to print the transaction to your receipt printer and hold the transaction.
- Click Cancel to return to the transaction in the Transaction Grid.
Recalling a Transaction
Once a customer is ready to complete a transaction that was put on hold, you can recall that transaction and proceed in its completion.
1. In the Transaction frame, click Recall.
2. The Recall a Transaction page appears in the frame.
View Transactions for:
- User – Displays all your held transactions, regardless of station, within the current
- Station – Displays all users’ held transactions within the current station and
- Store – Displays all users’ held transactions for all stations within the current
How to Interpret the Table by Column:
- Name – Name of the customer or other identifier, such as table number, for the
- Last Held – Date and time the transaction was last placed on
- Check Total – Displays the current total of the held
- Payment Status – Payment status, if any, of the held There are three status types:
- Pre-Authorized – Represents a held transaction that is in the process of being fully paid, but has only been pre-authorized.
- Partially Paid – Represents a held transaction that has had one or more payments applied to it that doesn’t cover the full amount
- Pre-Auth, Partial – Represents a held transaction that has had one or more payments applied to it that doesn’t cover the full amount owing AND is in the process of having a payment applied to it that has only been pre-authorized.
- Check – Click the Print button to print the transaction to your receipt printer. This option requires the Print Held Transactions setting in Station Settings to be
3. Click the desired transaction in the table(s) to recall.
The recalled transaction appears in the transaction grid. Additional items can now be added for sale and/or payment received.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking