Pricing of Items
Applying a Regular or Alternate Price to an Item
Depending on how your system inventory is set up, select items may have an alternate price available. From the transaction frame, you can apply the item’s alternate price to the transaction grid, or reapply the regular price if an alternate price had been set.
To apply a regular or alternate price to an item:
1. In the transaction frame, click the desired item(s). Selected items will appear highlighted in yellow.
2. Do one of the following:
- To apply the alternate price, click the Alternate button
- To apply the regular price, click the Regular button
NOTE: The regular price is always the default price when an item is entered in the transaction grid.
Assigning a Default Price Level
From the POS, you can assign a default price for your transactions with either the regular or alternate price for a specified time frame. For example, you could offer 10% off in the golf shop every morning.
1. Without any line items selected in the transaction frame, do one of the following:
- To assign the regular price as the default price level, click Regular.
- To assign the alternate price as the default price level, click Alternate.
2. The Assign Default Price Level page appears in the frame.
3. If you have chosen the Alternate price option, enter the expiry time in the HH:MM format in the Expires field, and then click the AM or PM button.
4. Click Assign.
NOTE: Be aware that the alternate price level assignment will expire when any one of the following conditions is met: (1) the expiry time is reached on the current business day, (2) the time is 11:59pm at that day or (3) the current instance is closed.
Adjusting the Item Price
At times, a discount or surcharge may need to be applied to certain items that have been selected for sale. Price adjustments can be applied using a percentage, a flat dollar amount, or adjusted to a set price. Additionally, you can apply a new price to an item (through a percentage or dollar value adjustment) using its inventory cost.
1. In the transaction frame, click the desired item(s) (control+click to select multiple) for the price adjustment. Selected items will appear highlighted in Choose between the highlighted buttons to enable subsequent choices.
2. Click Adjust Price.
3. The Apply an Adjustment page appears in the frame.
4. Do one of the following:
- To apply a discount, click the Discount button.
- To apply a surcharge, click the Surcharge button.
NOTE: When selecting multiple items for a price adjustment, the adjustment you’ll enter will be applied to the price of each individual line item – NOT the grand total.
5. Do one of the following:
- To apply an adjustment by percentage, click by Percent and then enter the desired percentage in the box.
- To apply an adjustment to the set price, click to Set Price and then enter the desired discounted sale price in the box.
- To apply an adjustment to the price by a percentage value over the item’s regular or average cost, click to Cost + Percent. Then enter the desired percentage in the box.
- To apply an adjustment to the price by a dollar value over the item’s regular or average cost, click to Cost + Amount. Then enter the desired dollar value in the box.
6. Click Apply.
NOTE: For example, if you were to discount an item’s price from $100 to Cost + 10%, with the item cost being $50, the net price would be calculated as follows: 10% of item cost plus item cost = $5 (0.10 x 50) + $50 = $55 total. If this was a surcharge, the same calculation is applied; however, to have the surcharge apply, the resulting net price must be higher than the original price. Likewise, for a discount to apply, the resulting net price must be lower than the original price.
Removing Tax from an Item
1. In the transaction frame, click the desired item(s) for tax Selected items will appear highlighted in yellow.
2. Click the Remove Tax button.
3. The Remove Tax page appears in the frame.
4. Do one of the following:
- To remove all taxes, click All Taxes.
- To remove specific taxes (necessary only if more than one tax has been added during system setup), click Select Taxes, and then click the desired tax to remove on the right.
5. Select a tax exempt type from the Tax Exempt Type dropdown list, and enter a tax exempt number (5-30 characters; alphabetic characters are permitted) in the Tax Exempt Number field.
6. Click the Remove Button.
NOTE: The customer should be able to present you a tax exempt card or other acceptable form of proof to verify their tax exempt number. To remove more than one specific tax, repeat above steps.
Replacing a SKU
Often times, you may find it more convenient to replace a SKU rather than removing the line item or SKU entirely. In other words, SKUs can be “swapped” for one another once an item has been selected for sale.
1. In the transaction frame, click the desired item to be A selected item will appear highlighted in yellow.
2. Click Replace SKU.
3. From any of the item tabs in the functions frame, select the desired item or SKU to replace the item you’ve selected in the transaction frame.
The new SKU appears in the transaction frame, and the old SKU is removed.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking