Processing Payments with Rain Check
When processing payment with a rain check in the Point of Sale, you must first search for the correct rain check in the Search for a Rain Check page, and then redeem it in the Redeem a Rain Check page.
To process payment with a rain check:
1. In the Transaction frame, click to select the desired item(s) to be paid with a rain check.
2. In the Payment frame, click the More tab and click Rain Check.
3. The Search for a Rain Check page appears in the frame.
4. To narrow your search results, do one of the following:
- To filter your results by rain check number, click Number and enter the rain check number in the Number box. Search results will be limited to an exact match to the system- generated rain check number.
- To filter your results by customer name, click Name and enter the customer’s name in the Name box.
NOTE: Wildcard searches can be performed using the ‘%’ character. For example, by entering ‘% Bell%’, the system will look specifically for all last names that contain the element ‘Bell’.
- To filter your results by customer, click Customer. The Search for a Customer window appears for you to perform a search for customers with attached rain checks. Note that selecting a customer record in the results will take you directly to the Redeem a Rain Check page.
- To filter your results by SKU, click SKU and enter the SKU in the Number box. The search will be for rain check records with SKUs that exactly match or begin with the characters entered.
- To filter your results by notes, click Notes and enter any relevant notes that may be attached to the desired rain check in the Notes box. The search will be for rain check records that exactly match or contain the characters entered in the ‘Notes’ field.
5. Click Search.
6. The Rain Check Search Results page appears in the frame.
NOTE: If the rain check does not exist in your system database, you can click the Force button to force redeem it. The button’s availability is subject to your system settings. If you have any questions, consult your system administrator.
Interpreting the Rain Check Search Results page by column:
- Number – Rain check number.
- Name – Customer’s You can also view rain check notes by clicking the ‘Notes’ link (if available) in this column.
- Customer/Alternate ID – Customer or Alternate ID of the customer.
- Issue – Dollar value of rain check issue.
- SKU – SKU associated with the rain check.
- Expires – Rain check’s expiry date.
7. Click the desired rain check record.
8. The Redeem a Rain Check page appears in the frame.
9. Review the rain check redemption details, then click Split Payment.
10. A ‘Payment by Rain Check’ item is added to the transaction grid.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking