Searching For and Adding Customers
When performing a transaction in GEN POS, assuring the transaction is associated with the customer’s account will ensure that Customer Management remains up to date. There are two ways to associate customers with transactions:
- If your GEN POS is integrated with GEN Tee Sheet, customer details from the tee sheet will be transferred to the POS automatically when you move the tee time to the POS.
- Association can occur from a customer search on the Search for a Customer page in the POS.
If the customer does not exist in Customer Management, you can add them through the POS.
Searching for a Customer
If a customer hasn’t already been associated with the current transaction, you may need to search for the customer.
1. In the frame at the top-right, click the Customer tab. The Search for a Customer page appears in the frame.
2. To narrow your search results, do any of the following:
- Enter the last name in the Last Name box and the first name in the First Name box.
- In Home Phone box, enter the customer’s home phone number.
- In the Alt ID box, enter the customer’s alternate ID (for external systems).
3. Click Search. The Customer Search Results screen appears in the frame.
Interpreting the Customer Search Results page by column:
- Name – Name of customer.
- Customer ID – Identification number of customer.
- Address – Home address of customer.
- City – Customer’s city of customer.
- Phone – Home phone number of customer.
Adding a New Customer
To add a new customer record:
1. Do one of the following:
- From the Management Menu, click Customer Management. OR
- In POS, in the top-right frame, click the Customer tab, and then click Customer Management.
2. Below the Customer Search Results frame at left, click Add New.
3. Complete the customer’s profile and then click Save.
The customer record you’ve created is added to Customer Management.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking