Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments allow you to schedule regular credit card charges to groups of customers.
In order for customers to be charged through Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments, they must:
- Have an active charge account with an account balance greater than 0.
- Have a valid credit card on file.
- Have automatic credit card payments enabled. Go to Customer Management, search for and select the customer, select the Account tab, and then click Manage. Select a charge account, and then select the Allow automatic credit card payments checkbox.
To set up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments, click the Automatic Payments link, which is located in two places:
- On the Management Menu, click Global Settings. The Automatic Payments link is located under Batch Customer Charge, in the Accounting Section.
- On the Management Menu, click Batch Credit Card Payments. The Automatic Payments link is located in the upper left corner.
- The Automatic Batch Payments Management window appears.
- Select the Active checkbox to enable Batch Credit Card Payments.
- Select a Store from the Associate Charges to Store dropdown.
- Select a Station from the Associate Charges to Station dropdown.
- Select a User from the Associate Charges to User dropdown.
- If you would like to charge all customers associated with an Account, select an Account from the Account dropdown.
- The day displayed in Process Payments on day of the Month is the day of the month accounts will be automatically charged. It is determined by the day entered in Issue Day of the Month field, located in the Statement section of Global Settings. You can also temporarily change this date, by selecting the Override Statement Issue Date checkbox, and entering a different day.
- Select a Run Time and Time Zone for the Automatic Payment. The default Run Time and Time Zone are determined by values entered in the Nightly Operations section of Global Settings.
- Click the Edit link to select the name and email addresses of those who you would you would like to receive confirmation of Automatic Batch Payment Results. Only Users who are part of the Manager or Security Administrator User Groups, and who have an email address in the system will be available to select (change these settings in Security Management). When selected, recipient names display next to Email Results to.
- Click Save, and then Exit.
Processing Batch Credit Card Payments
Batch Credit Card Payments allow you to charge several Customer Accounts at once. To process Batch Credit Card payments:
- On the Management Menu, click Batch Credit Card Payments. The Batch Credit Card Payments page appears.
- The Date beside Apply Payment as of is set by default with the current month and the day of the month entered in the Issue Day of the Month field, located in the Statement section of Global Settings. To change this date, select the Override Statement Issue Date checkbox, and enter a new date.
- Select an Account from the Account dropdown to view customers associated with one Account type, or select <All> to view all customers.
- Click View. The Customer Account list displays, which includes Account types, date of Last Payment made, current Balance and payment account.
- Select/Deselect Customers for whom you would like to process a payment using the Select checkboxes.
- The Payment field automatically displays the amount from the Balance column. You can also choose to enter a different amount.
- Click Process Payments. Once payments have been processed, the Customer list updates to display a Status column. Payments that have been processed successfully will have a Completed Status. Failed payments display the reason (e.g., Expired credit card).
- To print the Payment Process Results list, click Print.
- To email the Payment Process Results list, click Email.
- This opens the Email window. Enter email addresses in the To and From fields, and select Send me a copy to also send the email to the From address. Enter a Subject and Message. The Payments Process Results list will be attached in XLS format, titled BatchPaymentReport_<Account>_<MonDDYYYY>.xls. Click Send.
- If the status of any of the payments is Failed, you can attempt to process those payments again by clicking Process Failed Payments. The Customer List refreshes to display only the Customer Accounts that had Failed payment status. Make any necessary changes, then click Process Payments again.
NOTE: Successful Batch Credit Card payments generate a transaction history in the Transaction Detail Report and Customer Statement report. Clicking on the View link in the Customer Statement report shows the processed payment.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking