Setting Up Payment Types
The Payment Types Management page allows you to enable or disable payment types of your choice for the Point of Sale (POS). In addition, you can select drawer instance options and GL accounts for each payment type.
- On the Management Menu, click Global Settings. The Global Setting page appears.
- Scroll to the Inventory section and click the Payment Types link. The Payment Types Management page appears.
- From the Payment Type drop-down list, select a payment type.
- Select any of the following options for the selected payment type:
- Active: Displays the selected payment media type in POS.
- Prompt for Amount: Displays prompt in POS for manual entry.
- Open Drawer: Opens cash drawer each time payment is processed.
- Allow Cash Change: Allows user to issue cash change to customer after payment is received. The Allow Cash Change feature will not be available for the following payment types: Credit, Rain Check, and Loyalty Points.
- Display on Count Drawer: Displays payment type on Count Drawer page for tender counting purposes.
- To assign a GL account to the selected payment type, do one of the following:
- Click the dropdown list button to the right of the GL Account box. This will open the GL Account pick list page, where you can click to select any of the listed GL accounts.
- Enter the GL Account number or name directly in the GL Account box.
- Click Save to save any changes you’ve made.
NOTE: For all GL Account fields, you cannot enter any of the following characters: ‘ ” & # % + [ ] < > . However, “.” and “–“are permitted.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking