Setting Up Units of Conversion
Units of conversion help to track of the relationships between SKU items, inventory items and purchase items, and to determine profit margins.
To create an inventory item that specifies units of conversion:
- On the Management Menu, click Inventory. The Inventory page appears.
- Click Add New.
- Complete the item details as described in the previous section. Select either the Stocked Item or Food/Beverage Item Type.
- Select a Unit of Conversion. Or, to edit or create a new Unit of Conversion:
- Click the Edit link.
- The Unit Conversion Management page appears.
- Select a Unit Conversion Table from the dropdown list, or click Add New to create a new Unit Conversion Table.
- Enter a Unit of Conversion Name.
- Select Units from the dropdown If the unit type you would like to use is not listed, you can add a unit type in Global Settings (in the Inventory section, click Units of Measure, and then click Add New). Make sure to enter all unit types used.
- Enter numeric values in the Quantity fields.
- Click Save.
- Click the Add Units Pricing link. You must fill in one of the Price or Cost fields for each Unit of Measure, in order to be able to select different Units of Measure from the SKU/Inventory/Purchase Unit dropdown menus.
- Select a Unit Type.
- When you select Whole Units, the system will not keep track of partial SKU units sold. Choose this option if you are dealing with non-devisable units. For example, for golf balls, which come in packs of three, you should select Whole Units, as each golf ball sold would represent .33 of the pack, and you would not want the system to keep track of the remaining .1.
- When you select Fractional Units, the system will account for partial SKU units sold. Choose this option when remaining units can still be combined and used. For example, a bag of flour may contain 10.5 cups, and if your units are one cup each, you will still be able to make use of the .5 cup by combining what remains of two bags.
- Select Units of Measure from the SKU/Inventory/Purchase Unit dropdown menus:
- SKU Unit (Stock-keeping Unit) is the Unit of Measure in which an item is sold to the customer (e.g., single).
- Inventory Unit is used to keep track of inventory (e.g., box).
- Purchase Unit is the Unit of Measure in which items are purchased from suppliers (e.g., case).
- Complete the remaining item information, and then click Save.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking