Using the Functions Frame Overview
Lined at the top of the frame are up to six individual tabs, each with a specific set of functions.
Interpreting the Functions frame by tab:
- Quick Items – Allows you to enter items into the transaction grid by selecting pre-loaded quick items.
- Items by – Allows you to search and add items into the transaction grid by department.
- Keypad – Allows you to punch in numbers directly onto your screen, rather than using a mouse or keyboard device.
- Item – Allows you to enter transaction items that do not have a SKU.
- Customer – Allows you to perform customer-related operations, such as searching for customer records, or adding new customers to the customer book.
- User Functions – Allows you to perform various cash-register operations such as voiding transactions, processing product returns, and printing reports.
At the top right of the POS screen and directly above the Functions frame, are the user fields.
Interpreting the user fields:
- User – Name / identifier of the user who is logged into the POS.
- Customer – Full name of the customer associated with the current transaction.
- Type – Customer For the range of customer types available, consult your system administrator.
- Expires – Expiry date of customer’s membership.
- Clear – Clicking the Clear button will remove all customer information from the user fields, and dissociate them from the current transaction.
- Adding Gratuity
- Adding Items by Department
- Adding Miscellaneous Items
- Adding Quick Items
- Applying a Payment to an Event Balance
- Applying an Event Payment to a Store Balance
- Clocking In and Out
- Closing the Drawer
- Counting and Reconciling the Cash Drawer
- Entering Items
- Issuing a Rain Check
- Issuing Advance and Consignment Tickets
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing Gift Cards and Certificates
- Managing Transactions
- Paying on Account
- Paying Out from Cash Drawer and No Sale
- Placing a Transaction On Hold & Recalling Hold
- Pricing of Items
- Printing a Transaction on the Kitchen
- Processing a Return
- Processing Payments
- Processing Payments by Gift Card or Certificate
- Processing Payments by Loyalty Points
- Processing Payments in Other Currencies
- Processing Payments with Rain Check
- Processing Penalties
- Reprinting a Transaction
- Searching for a SKU
- Searching For and Adding Customers
- Splitting a Transaction
- Using Punch Passes
- Using the Functions Frame Overview
- Using the Keypad
- Viewing Customer Details
- Voiding a Transaction
- Adding Inventory Items Manually
- Assigning Security Access
- Bundling Inventory Items
- Importing Inventory Data
- Logging In to Point of Sale
- Managing General Ledger
- Purchasing & Receiving Inventory Items
- Setting Up Automatic Batch Credit Card Payments
- Setting Up Credit Card Encryption
- Setting Up Credit Card Types & POS Cash Buttons
- Setting Up Department, Sub-Department
- Setting Up Merchant Accounts
- Setting Up Modifiers
- Setting Up Payment Types
- Setting Up Punch Pass Templates
- Setting Up Quick Items
- Setting Up Stores
- Setting Up Tax Tables
- Setting Up the Property Management System
- Setting Up Units of Conversion
- Transferring Inventory from One Store to Another
- Viewing and Emailing Inventory Received Instances
- Viewing and Printing Advanced and Credit Card Reports
- Viewing and Printing Limited Reports
- Viewing and Printing Standard Reports
Release notes / infrastructure requirements
- Booking or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Checking In Customers
- Checking the Weather
- Issuing a Rain Check or Refund
- Logging In to the Tee Sheet
- Managing Reservations
- Navigating the Tee Sheet
- Printing Tee Sheet Reports
- Understanding Tee Sheet Color Codes and Icons
- Using the Wait List
- Viewing Transaction Details of a Tee Time Booking